There are many reasons why today, more and more students are opting for accounting as their career choice. As per the research, the average salary of an accountant is around $70,500 a year. This is huge. Above all, the scope of growth in this field is huge. Unlike what you may think of many people think, accounting is not at all a boring job. In fact, considering the role of an accountant in a company, it wouldn’t be wrong for us to say that it is one of the most exciting professions today.
An accountant is responsible for auditing, finance, taxation, etc, which makes this line of profession exciting and interesting. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the benefits of choosing “accounting” as your career path.
So, let’s start.
Benefits of choosing “accounting” as a career choice
As we mentioned before, there are many reasons why one should consider opting a career in accounting. Some of these reasons are –
- Becoming a part of a huge network of professionals
- Work in any industry of your choice
- Become a lifelong learner
- Become a respectful professional
These are a few reasons why students today are opting for accounts as their choice of career. We at Western Community College have many students who have a keen interest in accounts and are pursuing that interest with their choice of accounting course. If you are also looking to enroll in any of the accounting courses, here is the list you can check.
Coming back to the advantages of choosing accounts as a career option.
1. Becoming a part of a huge network of professionals
Accounts have always been a huge industry. In fact, no industry can function without accounting. Saying that you can put an estimate on how large a network this industry has. By becoming a professional accountant, you gain access to this huge network of professionals. This means that you have unlimited resources that can help you through your career.
2. Work in any industry of your choice
Can you imagine any industry running smoothly without an accounts department? Obviously no. So, if you are planning to become a professional accountant, you are in the right direction. As an accountant, you have a broad range of options of industries that you would like to work in.
3. Become a lifelong learner
Another reason that pushes students to this career choice is the opportunity for constant learning. Every now and then the taxation rules and financial laws keep changing which makes it important for one to keep checking and learning. So, by choosing accounts as a career you are going to get a chance of becoming a constant learner.
4. Become a respectful professional
Since accounting is counted among the white-collar professions, it is one of the most respectable professions. This is another reason why more and more students today are considering enrolling in accounting courses, and why you should too.
A Few challenges of choosing accounting as a career choice
There are a few challenges that come along with choosing accounts as your career too. Of course, all of them are worth it because of the perks this profession brings to the table. Some of these cons are –
- Challenging Subject – Understanding accounts is a challenge in itself. Becoming proficient in the subject is a necessity for the students to become an expert.
- Time-consuming – To learn accounts, you need time and patience which adds to the challenges list of the students.
- Expensive – The courses are a bit expensive but if we calculate the returns like the salary package of promising growth, this all becomes worth it. Luckily there are many financial plans and aids available for students who are ambitious.
In the end, we would like to say that if you have even the slightest of interest in accounts, you should not think twice before enrolling in any of your choice of accounting courses. Any of the challenges mentioned above are not serious enough to drop the idea of choosing accounts as your career choice. We hope, you found all the information you need on the subject. If you have any questions, you can contact us.