Western Community College with Community Partner PICS are pleased to offer COVID19 Fast Track Health Care Assistant Program. The HCA Fast Track Program is funded by the Government of Canada and the Province of British Columbia.
- Graduates of the HCA Fast Track Program are eligible for registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registry.
- Completion of Medication Management.
- Completion of Palliative & Dementia Care.
- Completion of Violence Prevention.
- First Aid, WHMIS & Food Safe Certiﬁcate.
- Weekly Living Supports through WorkBC.
- On EI or EI Reachback, WorkBC
- Meets English Language Requirements
(IELTS, CELPIP, CELBAN, TOEFL, CAEL and CLBPT).
Complex Care, Acute Care, Home Support, Assisted Living, Group Homes and Adult Care
Wages: Up to $26.50 per hour
HCA Fast Track PBLMT Program:
Group based, online-virtual classroom, full time program consisting of:
- Occupational and Employability Skills Training + Work Experience Prep – 13 weeks;
- On the Job Work Experience with Local Employers- 4 weeks;
- On-going follow up support- 1 week
Cohort 1: Surrey Campus August 3- December 11, 2020
Cohort 2: Abbotsford Campus November 30, 2020 to April 9, 2021
Cohort 3: Surrey Campus March 1, 2021 to June 4, 2021
Intake Requirement and Checklist. Candidates must meet the following:
- Referral from WorkBC (must indicate WorkBC ESC, Case Manager and Case Manager Contact Information);
- Eligibility and Employment Needs assessed by WorkBC through a Case Manager or Employment Counsellor;
- Client Consent for Collection and Disclosure of Information between WorkBC ESC and Western Community College;
- For Active EI Client, proof of Section 25 Referral and Authorization;
- For EI Eligible clients, Application for EI;
- For EI Reachback, proof of EI..
- For Candidates who are on EI and eligible but not WorkBC attached, sign up to WorkBC ESC;
- Proof of Language Assessment (IELTS Overall Score of 6 and Minimum of 6 in Speaking and Listening, CELPIP Listening 7 Speaking 7 Reading 6 and Writing 6, CLBPT Listening 7 Speaking 7, Reading 6 and Writing 6),
For candidates who completed their education in Canada, Transcript of Records indicating completion of Grade 10, 11 and 12 English;
- For candidates without proof of Language Assessment, sign up for CLB through the College;
- For Internationally Trained Health Care Professional, refer to BC Care Aid Registry Requirement. https://www.cachwr.bc.ca/Application/International.aspx
School Admission Interview:
- Screening File Documents;
- Completed Admission Form;
- HCA Admission Process Form;
- WCC COVID19 Guidelines and Protocols form;
- Photo ID
- Current Resume
Post Admission Interview:
If client is eligible and satisfies screening and admission requirements:
- Letter of Acceptance to the HCA Fast Track PBLMT;
- Student Information and Contract;
- Current Action Plan and completed signed contract with WorkBC before start of the PBLMT;
- Student Number, Student Email Account;
- Document Checklist for Practicum (Note: PBLMT Administrative Assistant will send this to candidates along with the Criminal Record Check Form advising students to submit directly to Practicum and Employment Coordinator).
Topics to be covered:
- Western Community College Overview;
- Student Handbook, Policies on Attendance and Program Completion;
- HCA Teacher Orientation
- Practicum and Work Experience Guidelines;
- Virtual Class Training- Microsoft Outlook, Teams and Moodle;
- Distribute Student Laptop and HCA Books.
Work Experience and Practicum:
- Complete items in Document Checklist during first month of Class;
- Meet with Practicum and Work Experience Coordinator-WCC and Employability Training/Work Experience and Placement Specialist-PBLMT for Action Plan.
Post Practicum and Graduation:
- Complete all requirements for Graduation;
- Meet with Employability Training/Work Experience and Placement Specialist for Action Plan-PBLMT for ongoing follow up support;
- Attend Graduation Ceremony;
- Complete BC Care Aid Registration.
For Application Process please contact
- Stephen Andrada
- Ish Kumar
- Tajinder Kaur
- Or call 604-594-3500 / 604-776-1301