Health Care Assistant: Introduction to Practice Course provides an introduction about the role and responsibilities of the Health Care Assistant (HCA) within the British Columbia health care system. This program helps people who have successfully completed their Health Care programs in Canada or other countries. This course will introduce students to the healthcare team and the roles and functions of Health Care Assistant (HCA) within the team. By joining this course, students will get endless opportunities to self-reflective skills required for competent practice and will get to know about effective job-finding approaches. Students will also be introduced to basic skills related to job search, communication, and basic infection control.
Traditional Education (Class Setting), Course Duration: 2 weeks
$ 16 – $26.30 per hour
Job Opportunities after the Completion of this Course
- Hospital Wards
- Extended Care Facilities
- Respite Care
- Long Term Care Facilities
- Adult Day
- Home Support
After the completion of this course, learners will:
- Have a deep understanding of the roles and responsibilities of Health Care Assistants within the health care system in British Columbia. They will be able to discuss the goals and approaches used in assisted living facilities. They will also learn the purpose and functions of employer standards, policies and procedures, the importance of maintaining client and family confidentiality, role and mandate of bodies with oversight of HCAs in British Columbia and much more.
- Contribute towards the smooth functioning of the healthcare team. The learners will be able to outline the benefits and challenges of working in a team, roles and responsibilities of various members of the healthcare team, basic concepts of team development and group processes and a lot more.
- Recognize legal and ethical parameters of the Health Care Assistant role. The learners will get to know the elements of responsible and accountable behaviour. They will recognize ethical issues in practice and methods for resolving such issues.
- Apply self-reflection and self-appraisal processes to recognize their self-development needs. They will get to know the importance of lifelong learning for all care providers. They will also learn how personal competence of the care provider is an important element of caring practice.
- Conduct a job-search process. They will be able to describe the challenges of specific work environments, prepare clear, attractive resume and letter of application, complete a job application form and find resources to support the job application process.
So, are you planning to join the Health Care Assistant – Introduction to Practice Course? We are one of the best private institutions located in Surrey, British Columbia. Our professional institute offers various courses in the field of healthcare. Visit our website to know more about this course and join to get knowledge about the HCA practices in British Columbia.
Get started today!