We have collected some information that will benefit everyone seeking a job as a fresh graduate or seeking a change in their career. If you are among those people, you will understand that resume is the one thing that can get you in the door of any company you desire. Most people who come up with great jobs in their hands have one thing in standard – Excellent Resumes.
Tips to writing a great resume & cover letter
- Focus on your key achievements – Everyone has made one or two accomplishments in their life. A resume is where you can flaunt them. Weave your cover letter and resume around those achievements to showcase all the capabilities you have to offer. The one mistake that people often make while writing about their resumes is repeating themselves with the same information. Always try to rephrase your achievement on your resume to correlate with the job you are applying for.
- Elaborate well on your goals – Your goals define your view towards life and ambition, so you must focus on explaining your goals on your cover letter and resume. This is the place where you can define how getting the job you are applying for will benefit your long-term career plans. This will also convince the recruiter that you are moving in the direction you are aiming for.
- Use proper keywords – Another good point to note while writing your cover letter or resume is to use keywords properly. Using the correct terminologies will give a glimpse of your understanding of the field you are applying to work in.
- Demonstrate why you are a great fit – Apart from your knowledge and talent, every recruiter seeks a candidate who is a good fit into the company’s culture. This is what you need to present to them in your cover letter and resume. Mention how good a team player you are and how you enjoy working and solving any work problems.
- Proofread – It is the last but one of the most important things for one to keep in mind while writing a cover letter and resume – Proofreading. Never send out the resumes or cover letters without proofreading them.
These are a few tips that would help you create an attractive resume and cover letters. Each of the points mentioned above play a key role in your resume. If you cannot get the resume right, there is a possibility that you will not be able to get to the interview stage of any job. While keeping all these tips in mind, you can easily stand out among other applicants, increasing your probability to land the job. If you still have any doubts about the same, you can get in touch with our student advisors or counselors, and they can guide you through.